Nannies on Demand incorporates a free home based education programme to ensure that your child/ren aged from zero to five who are not enrolled in school, have their educational needs met through creative play, while in the care of one of our Au Pairs. This service is available to families who live within our licenced areas & want to enrol their child/ren in an home based early childhood programme. If you do not wish for your child/ren to be enrolled or want extra assistance from your Au Pair with household chores, or live outside our licenced areas, please view our 'My Pal' Au Pair programme.
The home based programme is based on Te Whariki, known as the national Early Childhood Education curriculum which is fully funded by the Ministry of Education.
What are the benefits?
- It is 'free', for both family & Au Pair to enrol on our 'Educate Me' programme., the only requirement is that your child needs to be enrolled for a minimum of 9 hours per week.
- As a registered family, you will have access to our 'after hours line' for matters of urgency
- You will receive a guide, new contract and in depth Au Pair Host Family Employment agreement
- Your Au Pair will receive a 'Welcome to NZ' information pack upon her arrival into NZ
- Your Au Pair will receive a personalised in-person induction to childcare shortly after your child's enrollment on the programme with a plan being implemented in order to fully support her in her role.
- Your Au Pair may receive a financial contribution towards her hourly rate ++ (Conditions apply)++
- Your Au Pair will receive monthly visits from a qualified Early Childhood Teacher for the entire duration of her role with more frequent follow ups if required
- Your child will be provided with a free Art Box to assist with furthering the development of your child and also in building relationship skills between both the Au Pair and child while having fun
- Your child & charge will have the opportunity to attend weekly playgroups/events run by a fully qualified and registered Early Childhood Teacher
- Your Au Pair will have the chance to attend monthly coffee groups
- Your Au Pair will have the opportunity to network with other Au Pairs throughout NZ via our Facebook page.
- Your Au Pair will have the opportunity to explore and participate in locally based community based activities
- Your Au Pair will make daily recordings in your child's own diary and portfolio to monitor your child's learning & daily routine
- Your Au Pair will have access to learning guides, educational resources & a toy library which are designed to provide the best experiences for your child
- Financial assistance from WINZ towards the Au Pair's wage (Eligibility criteria applies)
- You will receive 20 hours subsidised childcare should you have a three and four year old (Breakdown given below)
- Assistance with payroll wage administration (Including PAYE, holiday pay, ACC & Employer contributions) ++Extra charge applies++
- Re-match & mediation if required
- As a requirement of our 'Educate Me' programme, the only chores requested of the Au Pair must be in relation to the care of the child/ren. (Please review our 'My Pal' programme should you be seeking support with household duties).
- It is also necessary for your Au Pair to obtain a comprehensive New Zealand First Aid Certificate undertaken by certified tutors. This provides peace of mind for your family, knowing that in an emergency, your Au Pair will know what steps to take.
NB. Please don't be offended. In the best interests of your child, we do not permit our Au Pairs to care for a child aged under 6 months old on a sole charge basis. Any child aged under 6 months old must have a parent or guardian present at all times who is actively working alongside the Au Pair.
Early Childhood Education (ECE) Funding for 3 and 4 year olds
A Government subsidy of 20 Hours ECE (Early Childhood Education) is available to all 3 and 4 year old children actively enrolled in our ECE programme. The ECE subsidy is not means or income tested and is accessible to all families requiring early childhood education for their 3 and 4 year olds.
Children become eligible for the subsidy when they turn 3 with the subsidy ceasing when they turn 5 years of age.
To register for our 'Educate Me' Au Pair Programme, please contact us.