Aotearoa, otherwise known as the 'Land Of The Long White Cloud, is the widely known and accepted Maori name for New Zealand (NZ).
New Zealand has a population of around 4,347,426 and is known for being clean, green and beautiful.
As well as the cultural and party cities of Auckland, Wellington, Queenstown and Christchurch, we have some of the nicest beaches boasting white sand and crystal clear waters. A range of exciting activities awaits both the energetic and relaxed travelling tourist, NZ is the birthplace of the bungy jump and the adrenalin capital of the world.
New Zealanders are known for their relaxed, caring and kind nature who are very family orientated and spend a great deal of time outdoors.
Nannies on Demand have families all over New Zealand who are looking for Au-Pairs from the big cities such as Auckland, Wellington, and Christchurch, to the smaller farming communities located in the Taranaki. Apply for a true New Zealand experience and stay with one of our farm based families where you may be able to try your hand at horse riding, shearing a sheep or milking a cow.
An Au-Pair stay with a New Zealand family provides you with the opportunity to learn and practice English, experience a different culture while utilising your childcare skills. Being an Au-Pair is ideal for an "in between" working holiday gap year, in which you can earn a regular income, meet other international Au-Pairs and travel around New Zealand during your time off.
'Become an Au Pair & experience all New Zealand has to offer'
If you genuinely love children, have a minimum of 200 hours proven childcare experience outside friends & family & would like the opportunity to work under an agency who has both knowledge & expertise in the childcare industry, we can assist you in finding your perfect Au Pair assignment.
In being registered on our programme you will be provided with:
- Good quality families who have been reference checked and provide a safe and healthy living environment
- Airport transfers provided by your host family
- Enrolment on either our 'Educate Me' or 'My Pal Programme' matched to your background and experience
- A personal induction to childcare shortly after arriving into your family's home (For those Au Pairs enrolled on our 'Educate Me' programme.
- A 'Welcome to NZ' pack upon your arrival into NZ
- Your own furnished room and full board
- A Job Description & Au Pair/ Host Family Employment Agreement
- A motor vehicle supplied by the host family should you be required to transport the children to activities/run errands. (Personal use may also be permitted by the family in most situations)
- Full ongoing agency support
- Contact details of other Au Pairs in your region
- Access to our Facebook page for discussion purposes, networking with other Au Pairs throughout NZ, events & news
- Access to monthly coffee meet ups & events (via Facebook)
- A 12 month role (6 month roles are also available, however are subject to availability)
- Up to four weeks paid annual leave
- A choice of a either a 30, 35, 40 or 45 hour a week role
- Have the option of joining our evening babysitting database, paid at $16 per hour with a minimum of three hours
- Free re-match/placement in a new family should your initial placement not work out & conditions have been met.
- Access to our after hours line
- Free placement, no registration fees.
(Please contact us for further information about our placement fee).
Please note: A $30 administration fee will apply to all applications received via post, which is payable before a host family search is undertaken.
To view our criteria in securing an Au Pair assignment in New Zealand, please visit us here.