Visas For Nannies Wanting To Travel To The UK

Youth Mobility Visa (Formerly The Working Holiday Visa)

To qualify, you will need to:

  • Have in £1600 in available funds (money)
  • To do a self-assessment online: The Youth Mobility Scheme within Tier 5 of the points-based system for immigration to the UK.
Visit the UK Border Agency's website for futher information about the Youth Mobility Scheme:

UK Ancestory Visa

To qualify, you will need to show:

  • You are a Commonwealth Citizen
  • You are aged 17 or over
  • You have a grandparent who was born in the UK, Isle of Man or Channel Islands
  • You have a grandparent who was born in what is now the Republic of Ireland, before 31 March 1992
  • You are able to work and intend to do so in the UK and;
  • Can support yourself and any dependants without needing any help from public funds
  • If you or your parent (who you are claiming ancestory through) are adopted, you can still apply for entry to the UK under this category.  You must show evidence of the legal adoption with your application.

Can I work In The UK?

You must intend to work or look for a job in the UK before you can be considered for entry in this category.  Nannies on Demand can provide you with the required documentation should you require it.

How Long Can I Stay?

If you arrive with a UK Visa you have permission to stay for five years.  After five years you will be able to apply for permanent residence provided you:

  • Continue to meet the requirements of the Immigration Rules For United Kingdom Ancestory, and
  • You have spent five years in employment in the UK in this way, without any long periods of time spent living outside the UK.


About our company
Enter a succinct description of your company here
Contact Us
Enter your company contact details here