In order to be considered as a Nanny or Babysitter, not an Au Pair, we require you to meet our criteria as follows:
REGISTRATION & PLACEMENT IS FREE.
Hourly Rates & Mileage Allowance.
Nannies on Demand, recommends the hourly rate for a New Zealand Nanny should be between $18 – $28 (depending on the location, experience and qualifications of the Nanny). A recommended mileage allowance of .74 cents per KM will also apply should the Nanny be required to use her own car for childcare related purposes.
Interviews are by appointment only, we do not accept walk ins.
- Have a good level of English
- Be prepared to undertake an initial phone interview
- Be prepared to undertake a full interview
- Be prepared to undertake a police check
- To provide us with completed Nannies on Demand registration and vetting forms
- To hold a recognised qualification in ECE, Teaching, Nannying, Nursing, or Midwifery or have at least 1-2 years practical experience as a Day Care Worker, Babysitter, Nanny, or Maternity Nanny in line with the role you are applying for
- Provide us with an up to date CV, listing all referees & previous positions since leaving your place of employement with clear explanations of any gaps
- Provide a copy of your Drivers Licence
- Provide at least 2 of the following: Passport, Birth Cert, Photo ID identification
- Provide a digital photo
- Provide proof of relevant qualifications (These will be followed up with the appropriate agency should copies not be made available)
- Details of at least two-three verbal referees with full contact and address details, who have been previous employers within the last five years
- One written reference or 1 verbal referee with full contact and address details, who can provide a character reference, or a professional person who is known to you and your family for a minimum of four years (neighbour, teacher, etc;)
- Proof of a current First Aid Certificate (If you do not already have one we can assist in directing you to the right agency to obtain one.
- Provide proof of a Work Permit or Working Holiday Visa if you are not a New Zealand resident.
We will contact you to advise you of an interview time should your application be successful. ++ Please be courteous and advise us if you are unable to commit to an interview time, we are happy to reschedule++. Failure to advise us in good time may result in your application being refused. It may be necessary in some circumstances due to demographics to undertake an interview using Skype. Please note that in order to be interviewed via Skype you will need to have access to a headset/microphone and a webcam. Nannies on Demand do not undertake interviews via phone.